Visiting The Past
October 5, 1967:
A new Brownie Troop has been formed at Belmont Hills School with Mrs. Kenneth Lambert as
leader and Mrs. Robert Byrd as co-leader.
The Harold Hogue (member of Smyrna H & G Soc.) home on Hickory Circle wins "Yard of the
Month" sponsored by the Junior Woman's Club.
October 26, 1967: New Funeral Home Opens: Bill Sanders, (Smyrna H &G Soc. member) former president
of Sanders Funeral Home, which later became Sanders-Castellaw Funeral Home in Smyrna has opened a
new funeral home at the corner of Church and King Streets.
November 9, 1967:
The City of Smyrna has ordered street signs for 16 major streets. A total of 402 plates are coming. Spring
Road signs cost most, $1036.00 for 64 signs.
The City of Smyrna will defend with "vim and vigor" a suit brought against it by Zayre and
K-Mart charging the city with discrimination for not allowing the stores to remain open on Sunday.